From the Blue Ridge Mountains to the Atlantic Ocean... this original design celebrates the beauty & history of the State of Virginia. Embroidered entirely by HAND: it takes 40+ hours to make one!
This pillow is entirely HAND embroidered on light tea-colored 100% organic cotton. Amazingly it can take up to one week to embroider one pillow! It is also unique in nature since each artisan incorporates a certain flair and signature to his/her work. Accented with black velvet piping.
*20" x 20"
*100% Organic cotton
*Poly form included
*Dry clean only
Virginia is the birthplace to more presidents than any other state. Eight US Presidents to be exact: Washington; Jefferson; Madison; Monroe; Harrison; Tyler; Taylor; Wilson.
* Virginia is the only state to have the same plant for state flower and state tree: the flowering dogwood.
* The Pentagon building in Arlington, VA, is one of the largest office buildings in the world- it covers over 5 million square feet.
* Virginia has a state park named for a Natural Tunnel. This limestone ridge's tunnel was naturally formed and is 850' long. William Jennings Bryan called it the "8th Wonder of the World."
* St. John's Church, in Richmond, was the location of the second Virginia Convention where Patrick Henry famously delivered the "Give me liberty or give me death" speech (1775).
* Williamsburg's College of William and Mary is where the first law school of America became established, in 1779.
* In 1969 a copywriter working for an ad agency promoting Virginia Tourism created the slogan "Virginia is for Lovers." The slogan appeared in 'Modern Bride' magazine in the same year.